Exploring the Evolution of Building Codes: Learning, Teaching and Publishing Research
The Code Innovations Database exists to empower us to share information and learn about successfully permitted green & high-performance building practices, making it easier to build green! This section contains educational resources and training materials that support our collaborative research into code innovations, in order to publish high-quality case studies and other research content.
We conduct our research in 3 ways. Click a link to find the information most helpful to you:
- We collaborate with BUILDERS to write Case Studies about their own projects.
- We work with INTERNS and EMERGING PROFESSIONALS to write Case Studies on other people’s projects, and to study code innovations.
- Collaborate with ACADEMIC PROGRAMS to produce case studies and teach code innovations.
No matter which of the three methods we are using, we also:
- Collaborate with PUBLIC AGENCIES and CODE OFFICIALS to acquire public records, analyze compliance methods, and review draft case studies
- Collaborate with PARTNER ORGANIZATIONS to conduct research and review draft case studies
- Provide mentorship opportunities for SUSTAINABILITY PROFESSIONALS to support EMERGING GREEN BUILDERS (i.e. students, aspiring innovators, etc) in collaborative learning and research.